The emcee for our Grown-Up Spelling Bee this year is Kathleen Matthews. In addition to being a Montgomery County resident, Kathleen Matthews is the former chief communications and public affairs officer for hotel company Marriott International. Prior to joining Marriott International, she was a reporter for 25 years at WJLA-TV.
Matthews is joined by more local celebrities:
- Dr. Robin C. Barr, Linguist-in-Residence, American University, Washington DC
- Michael Bobbitt, Adventure Theater
- Jud Ashman, Mayor of Gaithersburg
- Marilyn Balcombe, Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce
- Shebra Evans, District 4 representative on the Montgomery County Board of Education in Maryland
Congrats to Social &Scientific Systems, Inc.: the winner of the 2016 Grown-Up Spelling Bee!
Social & Scientific Systems: Nancy Leopold, Cyndi Ritz, Amy Mhatre-Owens
Adventist HealthCare team BEEHIVE: Eme Martin, Donna Scott, Michaela Gramzinski
Burness team BEE AGGRESSIVES: Katy Lenard, Dan Klotz, Andy Burness
Montgomery College team MC ACE’s Angels: Carroll Rollman, Carol Rognrud, Colleen Dolak
Eureka Facts: Rick Arnold, Cecilia Teal, Alison Wurzel
Holy Cross Health, represented by: Chelsea Soneira, Kim Jones, Casey Anderson
Pepco team POWER GRID BEES: Susan Power, Eric Allie, Tanjua Washingto